- Promote the aims and principles of the United Nations
- Organise women lawyers nationally, regionally and internationally
- Advance the opportunities available to the women in civic life, politics, education, industry, business and the professions particularly the legal profession
- Establish friendly and international relations
- Promote the study of comparative law
- Champion the rights of women and children
- Promote the socio-economic well being of women and children.
FIDA is involved in the promotion, protection and preservation of the rights of women and children. These include their civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights. We do this by creating and raising legal awareness of the rights as provided in our national laws as well as the international standards of equality. We do this by advocacy and lobbying through our conferences and workshops. Also through networking with other non-governmental organisations and co-operating with governmental organisations as the need arises.